line combinations clicking | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
lily Jan 9
Nick Foligno and Pierre-Luc Dubois scored, and Sergei Bobrovsky made 36 saves for the Blue Jackets (25-16-3), who have won two games in a row and three of four following a three-game losing streak (0-2-1). Bobrovsky got Connor Murphy Authentic Jersey his second start in two days after making 42 saves in a 3-2 shootout win against the Ottawa Senators on Sunday. "I wouldn't say it's easy," Bobrovsky said of playing back-to-back games. "I think it's all about focus. Every game, it's a new challenge and you try to be ready and work hard." Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella said he is not reluctant to give Bobrovsky starts on consecutive days. Panarin tallies OT winner "I don't buy into Corey Crawford Authentic Jersey the back-to-back stuff," Tortorella said. "We found out about Bobrovsky, (the last time) we gave him three or four days' rest, we felt he struggled a little bit. We call them as we see them as the schedule comes at us." James van Riemsdyk and William Nylander scored, and Andersen made 30 saves for the Maple Leafs (25-16-3), who lost for the first time in three games. "I didn't think we Denis Savard Authentic Jersey came out and sat on it at all, we outshot them 14-4 in the third and, I thought, did a lot of really good things," Toronto coach Mike Babcock said. "We made a couple of mistakes -- lost a face-off and didn't box out, a line change where we could have been patient; we were under no pressure and put it out and they came in on an odd-man rush. In the end that cost us the hockey game. "It's all part of the learning process, we've got to get better." The Blue Jackets scored twice in 1:48 in the third to tie it 2-2. Foligno Dennis Rasmussen Authentic Jersey scored at 15:25 to make it 2-1 when he redirected Jordan Schroeder's wrist shot from the right-wing boards up and over Andersen. Dubois tied it 2-2 at 17:13 when he shot past Andersen's blocker from the slot. "No, it didn't go through my mind (that it wasn't our night)," Dubois said. "There was a little frustration when you can't score sometimes, but we kept going with it and talked about it in the room after the second period. We had chances and we got rewarded." Van Riemsdyk scored to put the Maple Leafs up 1-0 at 11:09 of the second period when he deflected a point shot from Roman Polak past Bobrovsky's right pad. The Maple Leafs went up 2-0 at 16:02 when Nylander scored on the power play with a wrist shot from the right face-off dot over Bobrovsky's glove. Toronto was 1-for-2 on the power play, and Columbus went 0-for-3.
Share: